VICAP Insurance Counseling
WELCOME TO MEDICARE ASSISTANCE!
VICAP (Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program) offers free, unbiased and confidential counseling for Medicare beneficiaries. The Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging is the local VICAP service for Shenandoah, Warren, Clarke, Page and Frederick counties, as well as Winchester.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
- Are you new to Medicare? We can help you sort it all out to best meet your health care needs. We are not brokers, and we sell nothing just give but good unbiased information.
- Is it time to shop your Medicare benefits? Open enrollment for your prescription benefits and your supplemental plans is October 15 to December 7. Be sure to schedule an appointment! It can save you a ton of money.
- Do you need help paying for your Medicare premiums and co-pays? Assistance programs are available based on your income level. We can help.
- Do you need help with a health care issue? We advocate for you and we will help you to file claims, appeals, grievances or to apply for benefits.
- Need help with Medicaid issues?
- Are you in your 40’s? It’s time to start thinking about long-term care insurance?
WHO ARE WE?
All VICAP counselors are trained and certified to help you understand and compare benefits, assist with filing for those benefits, and inform you of your rights.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER COUNSELORS?
We are blessed to have expert help in Winchester. We would love to have help in the Clarke, Frederick, Shenandoah and Page Senior Centers as well. We are with you every step of the way with all the comprehensive training, resources and support you will need to help do this good work.
- Click Here to View 2020 Medicare Premiums, Deductibles, and Cost-Sharing Amounts.
- Insurance Counseling Registration Form
Contact Details – Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging
Phone: (540) 635-7141
Fax: (540) 636-7810
Location: Front Royal VA 22630