Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging
Proudly serving the Counties of Clarke, Frederick, Page, Shenandoah and Warren and the City of Winchester
The Shenandoah Area Agency provides a network of services which enable older adults to remain living in their own home for as long as safely possible, rather than go into a nursing facility.
Check our FaceBook page for daily updates and pictures.
Shenandoah University’s Psychology students have created a fundraiser for the SAAA. Click here if you’d like to place an order. Please share with anyone that might be interested in purchasing one.
In Response to COVID-19
SAAA centers are closed to the public; however center staff are not only continuing meal deliveries to the homebound and to the seniors who normally come to the centers, but have also provided a supply of extra shelf-stable meals to each senior recipient.
Please donate generously to help us provide much needed items such as paper products and shelf-stable foods to our senior citizens.
SAAA is acting responsibly by closing its administrative offices to the public and encouraging employees, who can, to work remotely.
The Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging (SAAA) is a non-profit organization that provides high quality services and opportunities that enhance the dignity and independence of seniors and promote their contributions to the community.
Agency services are designed to assist older persons who wish to stay in their own homes, to provide information for seniors and their families, to protect individuals living in long term care residences, and to facilitate staying active and provide community service.
Join SAAA in one or more of the many activities this month. You may even meet Linda Holtzapple, SAAA’s Executive Director, when she stops by the Senior Centers regularly.
Click on the links for Services and the Senior Center in your county to view the special activities and menu at each Center. Check out Upcoming Events in a blue box on the right for meetings including Board and Advisory Council. Also be sure you check out all of SAAA’s service to support seniors and caregivers.
Also, be sure you scroll down to the very bottom on the right. Don’t miss:
- Click on the link to SAAA’s Facebook Page.
- Also, be sure you scroll down to the very bottom below the blue boxes on the right. Don’t miss The link to the Network for Aging Support (NAS). NAS is where you’ll find organizations that will do just about anything to help seniors. Be sure you check out what’s available!
17th Annual Generations Walkathon
On the way to a very special 17th Generations Walkathon, SAAA was derailed by COVID-19.
We hope that we will be able to reschedule SAAA’s signature fundraiser later in the year and will let you know details as soon as life starts getting back to normal.
Your support means everything to us and even more so this year.
Special Thanks to Our Early Sponsors Who Have Already Committed Funding for the Walkathon.
We are most grateful to you!
- Gold – Truist (BB&T)
- Bronze – Janet Elaine Yang, Fraternal Order of Eagles Winchester Aerie No. 824, Bankers Insurance, LLC, The Village at Orchard Ridge
- Trail Blazer – Rock Hall Farm
- Trail Angels – Strasburg SDA Church, Family Antiques & Crafts, Relief United Methodist Church, Emmart Oil Company, LD & B Insurance & Financial Services, Battery Mart, The Winchester Group, F. O. E .Massanutten Aerie 4186, Living Water Christian Church