The Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging (SAAA) is a non profit organization that provides high quality services and opportunities that enhance the dignity and independence of seniors and promote their contributions to the community.
Agency services are designed to assist older persons who wish to stay in their own homes, to provide information for seniors and their families, to protect individuals living in long term care residences, and to facilitate staying active and provide community service.
Shenandoah County Active Living Center Participants enjoyed baking their eggs in a muffin pan at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes and were surprised that they were perfectly “hard boiled.” See their pictures decorating their “baked” eggs above.
Join SAAA in one or more of the many activities this month. Click on the links for Services and the Active Living Center (ALC) in your county to view the special activities and menu at each ALC. Check out Upcoming Events on the right for meetings including Board and Advisory Council.
Also, be sure you scroll down to look at Top News and More SAAA News.
Gerald Dodson of Berryville dances the Cha Cha Slide with Sherando High School FFA students during a Senior Prom for senior citizens on Sunday afternoon in the school gym. The FFA students sponsor the annual event, which is held the day after the high school prom. About 90 area senior citizens attended. (Photo by Jeff Taylor/The Winchester Star)
Call VICAP today to get help with your Medicare questions or to schedule a VICAP Speaker for your organization.
Topics include “Important Things to Know about Your Medicare Choices,” “Part D – Prescription Coverage” & “Understanding Medicare – What’s Covered and What’s Not.”
- April 17: The Winchester Active Living Center at Jim Barnett Park will hold an Easter Bake Sale Fundraiser from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The proceeds will benefit the SAAA Walk-A-Thon in the fall.
- April 25: Benefit Concert featuring Lindsey Erin. Event Planned by Shenandoah University Students. Location: Shenandoah East Campus Commons Ballroom.
- May 1: Page County TRIAD Conference, 8:30-1:00, Rileyville Baptist Church
- May 9: Shenandoah County TRIAD Conference, Woodstock Moose Lodge, 8:30-1:00
Ways to Give
SAAA is honored to be a participant in the following combined campaigns:
- Combined Federal Campaign # 33595
- Combined Virginia Campaign # 6105
NAS and SAAA have just entered into an exciting partnership. The NAS website has launched providing everyone with information about all kinds of services that are available for seniors. Services include all types of care, financial services including reverse mortgages, help with downsizing, selling a home, or moving and so much more.